Indian Railways is the largest employer in India and is used as mode of travel in the country. More than 24 million passengers use it daily but in the absence of right information at the right time, the rail travel and the planning could turn out to be a painful. In the article, we will be recommending some of the best Indian Railways Android app that can make your travel better.
Known as IRCTC Connect it is the official train ticket booking app in Google Play. The application offers basic features but is expected to get more functionality in the upcoming updates. The app can be used to search and book train tickets or cancel booked tickets. It also provides upcoming journey alerts.
This app from ixigo is undoubtedly one of best and most comprehensive. It offers almost all features that one would need while planning for the next travel by train. The user-interface is decent and it looks good.
Ixigo indian rail & trains Android app features:
1. Real-time availability for over 2500 trains
2. Search for trains between destinations
3. Check Train availability 6 days prior and post the desired travel date
4. Looks for trains with train numbers and names
5. Trains running status
6. Check out routes of multiple trains to choose the most convenient and best option
7. Get PNR status updates
8. Seat/berth maps to find convenient seats / look for location of your booked berth
9. Get real time running status of trains
10. Redirect to IRCTC Official app for bookings
App update frequency: Regular
Also available Ixigo PNR Status -Train Flight
In addition to the useful Indian rail and trains apps, ixigo.com has also released a specific PNR status app. The Android app automatically identifies the PNR of your next rail travel by scanning your inbox for SMSes from IRCTC. You can tap individual PNRs for more information and current status. If also gives a direct link to the IRCTC SMS, so you don’t have to browse your entire inbox to find that inbox while showing it to the Railways TTE.
3. Rail Yatri – Indian Railways Android app
Stelling Technologies has come up with great app in the form of Rail Yatri – Indian Railways. This includes some nifty features like new trains available at your closest station, route changes, GPS train locator, and crowd-sourced data about railway stations.
Rail Yatri app features
- Alerts for travel disruptions like cancellations, route change, and delayed starts.
- GPS Train Locator to see your train’s running status in real time.
- Share trip delay status
- Station related information and crowd-sourced tips
- Train time-table
- PNR status
- Add favourite routes, trains, stations for future access
App update frequency: Regular
4. Indian Train Alarm Android App
It has a train alarm service to not to worry about your destination after laying down. Have a nice sleep and to help to get down at the destination, this app allows passengers to set alarm when the train is 5km or 25km from the designated railway station.
Indian Train Alarm app features
- Set location based alarms for railway stations
- No need for internet connection for the alarm to work
- Error margin of around 1/2 km
5. Cleartrip Indian Railways Android app
IRCTC has a partnership with Cleartrip, so passengers can use their website or in this case, their Android app to book rail tickets during a fixed time interval.
There is no official Cleartrip IRCTC app for Android right. One can only use Cleartrip app to book tickets. Apart from the first two hours of Tatkal booking timing (i.e. 1000 hours and 1200 hours.), the app will work just fine for any railways ticket booking.Cleartrip Android app for IRCTC booking